Monday, December 31, 2018

Pedagogical Panels for #ASLH2019



I will be posting my syllabi at The Docket’s Teaching Legal History project once it is up and running.

Finally, I want to encourage interested readers to propose pedagogical panels for the ASLH annual meeting. The 2018 ASLH Annual Meeting featured a fantastic preconference on teaching legal history, organized by Katrina Jagodinsky, and I hope these kinds of discussions become established features of our meetings going forward. I’ve learned the most about teaching legal history from conversations with other legal historians about what works and (equally important) what doesn’t. The ASLH Call for Papers for the 2019 annual meeting in Boston (Nov. 21-24) welcomes proposals for skills/pedagogical workshops; I encourage anyone who’s interested in organizing such a panel and finding co-panelists to post on H-Law, tweet using #ASLH2019, and/or comment below.