Assistant to the Executive Director for the Ninth Judicial Circuit Historical Society
The Ninth Judicial Circuit Historical Society (NJCHS) is seeking an Assistant to work in close partnership with the Executive Director promoting awareness of the important role that the judicial system plays in our society. The successful candidate will bring their creativity, attention to detail, and passion to the work of the Society by designing outreach and other materials, helping build and support events, supporting educational and member outreach, and performing administrative tasks and other projects as needed.
What is the NJCHS? The NJCHS is a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to preserve and promote the vibrant history of the law in the Ninth Circuit, and to raise awareness of the important role that the judicial system plays in our society. We accomplish our mission through an ambitious schedule of programming, exhibits, oral histories, and publication of our journal, Western Legal History. More information about the Society is available on our website.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design newsletters to send to members
- Maintain WordPress website including creating and supporting webpages for key events, programs, and fundraising initiatives
- Design, create and/or update PowerPoint presentations for Board Meetings and/or events
- Assist in designing print and digital media such as flyers, T-shirts, posters, and announcement materials
- Maintain membership database (Little Green Light) updating and tracking memberships and sending monthly renewal letters
- Help coordinate tracking and reporting of payments, sponsorships, and membership dues
- Maintain accounts payable/receivable along with depositing and tracking checks
- Supervise all bank accounts including credit card account and responsible for reviewing and compiling monthly bank statements
- Maintain Stripe account and coordinate integration throughout all platforms
- Track project budgets for special events such as our Annual Gala
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Support registration and logistical support related to special events
- Run Zoom webinars for virtual events including practice sessions
- Liaison with other organizations and teams to coordinate co-sponsored events
- You have 1-2 years of experience in an administrative and/or project coordination role
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Experience with a variety of technology systems, and ability to troubleshoot and research solutions when needed
- Experience working in Google Suite, Zoom, Excel, WordPress and Mailchimp
- Familiarity with basic graphic design
- Working with nonprofits, foundations, and/or government agencies is a plus
- Experience working with a CRM system (Salesforce, LGL etc.) is a plus
- The NJCHS has a very small staff, so you are highly organized, a team player, flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment where you have real responsibility in a supportive environment
- You are an effective communicator and a proactive problem solver
- Familiarity with the role of the judiciary a plus
- Start date: January 2021
- This can be either a full-time position or part time position. While we are currently working remotely, successful candidates are expected to be available for in-person work in the San Francisco Bay Area post-Covid.
- Salary commensurate with experience
If this sounds like a perfect fit for your expertise and interest, please email email@example.com and include a personalized cover letter and your resume. Please include Assistant to the Director in the subject line of the email.