Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Commentary on Myanmar

Yes, I know, this is a history blog, but tomorrow's history is being made today in Myanmar. Perhaps, like me, you're looking for something beyond the news headlines. Commentary by leading academic experts on the region is being collected at New Mandala, a blog on Southeast Asia. Check the main page as well for updates. Hat tip.

And from a reader, there is information at The Buddhist Peace Fellowship. Click on action alerts.

Update: Ralph Luker has a roundup of sources, including a link to TimesOnLine's links to Burmese bloggers.

[Technical note: The TimesOnLine link is not working for me right now. Could be my connection, so I am providing anyway. I will not be able to update/correct for some time. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you find a better link, and can paste it into a comment, other readers will appreciate that.]