The 2016 annual meeting of the American Society for Legal History will take place in Toronto, Canada, October 27 – October 30, 2016. The Program Committee invites proposals on any facet or period of legal history, anywhere in the world. We also strongly encourage thematic proposals that range across traditional chronological or geographical fields.
Travel grants (covering airfare and ground transportation only) will be available for presenters in need, who must first seek support from their home institution. These resources are limited, and will be given only to presenters traveling from abroad, graduate students, post-docs, and independent scholars.
The Program Committee welcomes proposals for both full panels and individual papers, though please note that individual papers are less likely to be accepted. The Committee encourages the submission of a variety of different types of panel proposals, including: traditional 3-paper panels (with a separate chair-commentator); incomplete panels lacking either one paper or a chair-commentator (whether 2-paper panels with a chair-commentator, or 3-paper panels without a chair-commentator), which the Committee will try to complete; author-meets-reader panels; and roundtable discussions.
All panel proposals should include the following:
- A single page listing the panel title, the titles of each paper, complete contact information for each presenter (including chair-commentator), and any special scheduling requests. (Note that we may not be able to accommodate all scheduling requests.)
- a 300-word description of the panel
- a c.v. for each presenter
- for paper-based panels only: a 300-word abstract of each paper
- a short (3 page) c.v. for each presenter (including complete contact information)
- a 300-word abstract of the paper
The deadline for submitting proposals is March 15, 2016. Proposals should be sent as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substantive questions should also be directed to the Program Committee co-chairs, Bethany Berger and Victor Uribe, at email@example.com.