- The Los Angeles Times has a double review that includes both Tragic Encounters: The People's History of Native Americans by Page Smith (Counterpoint Press) and Masters of Empire: Great Lakes Indians and the Making of America by Michael McDonnell (Hill and Wang).
- In The Wall Street Journal, John Fabian Witt reviews Lisa McGirr's The War on Alcohol: Prohibition and the Rise of the American State (Norton).
- The Los Angeles Review of Books has a review of Andrew Cornell's Unruly Equality: U.S. Anarchism in the Twentieth Century (University of California Press).
- Salon has an excerpt titled, "George W. Bush vs. Al Gore, 15 years later,"from the book, Ballot Battles: The History of Disputed Elections in the United States by Edward Foley (Oxford University Press).
- H-Net has a review of The Cause of All Nations: An International History of the American Civil War (Basic Books) by Don H. Doyle.
- The New Rambler has a review of The Constitution in Canada: An Introduction to its Development and Law by W.P.M. Kennedy (Oxford University Press).
- And, The New York Review of Books reviews Hamilton: An American Musical written by Lin Manuel Miranda and War of Two: Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, and the Duel That Stunned the Nation by John Sedgwick (Berkley).
Sunday, December 27, 2015
Sunday Book Roundup
Here's a brief edition of the Sunday Book Roundup.