The Law and Society Association is pleased to open nominations to our annual awards for scholarship in the field of law and society. The awards will be presented at the 2017 International Meeting on Law and Society in Mexico City, Mexico. Each award is funded by individual contributions.
Nominations close on January 2, 2017 for the J. Willard Hurst Award, the Herbert Jacob Book Award, and the Ronald Pipkin Service Award. All other award nominations will close on January 15, 2017.
Click on the links below to find out more about individual prizes, requirements, and links to our submission site:
- Harry J. Kalven, Jr. Award for Outstanding Scholarship in Law and Society
- J. Willard Hurst Award for the Best Work in Sociolegal Legal History
- Herbert Jacob Book Award
- John Hope Franklin Prize
- Law and Society Association Article Award
- Law and Society Association International Award
- Stanton Wheeler Mentorship Award
- Ronald Pipkin Service Award
- Student prizes -- an undergraduate paper award, a graduate student paper award, and a dissertation award. Nominators for the student prizes must have an LSA membership.