Monday, September 2, 2019

News from Victoria Woeste

[We have the following announcement from our colleague-in-the-discipline Victoria Woeste.]

As of August 31, 2019, I have left my position as Research Professor at the American Bar Foundation.  I was fortunate to spend twenty-five years in residence at the ABF, where I benefitted from and (I hope) contributed to the sprightly, convivial, and substantive intellectual community there. While at the ABF I wrote two books, edited a third, and wrote scores of articles on a variety of subjects.  I am currently engaged in advanced work on three new projects and another edited collection of essays in legal history.  I intend to continue to pursue my calling as a legal historian by working as an independent scholar, while retaining a connection to the ABF through the role of Affiliated Research Professor.  In the next few years, I intend to bring to a full and successful conclusion my current projects on civil rights, hate speech, religion, antisemitic propaganda, and the corporatization of modern American farm ownership.  I am and will always be eternally grateful to my colleagues at the ABF, past and present, for their unflagging support of my work and my career, and I look forward to future collaborations and exchanges in the academic world.  Please find me at vswoeste@icloud.com or vwoeste@gmail.com.

--Posted by Dan  Ernst