|Mary Ziegler (credit)|
- Hiring update: We are excited to announce that recent guest blogger Mary Ziegler (St. Louis University School of Law) is headed to Florida State University College of Law next fall.
- Frank Boles, a past president of the Society of American Archivists explores the notion, sometimes mooted by his professional colleagues, that "an ‘archival privilege’ of confidentiality exists, or should exist, to shield an archives from a hostile court’s order” here. (Hat tip: Hannah T. Miller)
- The Organization of American Historians has announced the results of its recent election.
- Emory University President James Wagner recently made some controversial comments about the "three-fifths compromise." Check out the New York Times "Room for Debate" page to follow the ensuing conversation. (Hat tip: the Faculty Lounge)
- Gordon Wood visits Ohio Northern University to deliver two speeches on Thursday, March 14. The "main event" is The Revolutionary Origins of the Civil War at 7:00 in the evening. At noon he is to talk to ONU's law students about The Supreme Court and the Uses of History. Both events are free and open to the public.