Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Author's Query: The Hon. Hubert L. Will

[We have the following author's query.  He does seem like quite an interesting fellow.]

Judge Hubert L. Will (credit)
My father was Judge Hubert L. Will, a Federal Judge for the Northern District of Illinois.  He was on the bench from 1961 until his death in 1995.  Over the years, I’ve been told some interesting stories about him from attorneys who had cases with him.  I’m interested in collecting any of those vignettes about him.  I believe he had a deep intellectual understanding of the law and a practical approach to being a judge that shows up not only in his case record, but also in those stories.  My purpose for collecting them is twofold: as a family memoir and for possible publication regarding his career as a Judge.  If you have an interesting tale to tell about my father and are willing to share it, you can e-mail me at judgehubertwill@gmail.com or mail them to me at P.O. Box 256661, Chicago, IL 60625. Many thanks! Ami Will Allen.