Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy to be back!

Greetings! I’m so pleased to be joining the blog as a "regular." Like Mary and Dan, I’ll be posting about scholarship, professional opportunities, and, occasionally, my own research. I also hope to bring to the blog my perspective as a junior legal historian, grappling with questions that many early career scholars encounter. Look for future posts on when it is appropriate to “let go” of an unpublished manuscript or article, whether to post work on SSRN, and what to expect at academic conferences. I’m by no means on expert, but I’d also like to initiate conversations about the elements of a good introduction, the purpose of a dissertation (a first draft of the book, or something else?), and the value of workshops. Other ideas? Please feel free to leave a comment below.