[We have the following announcement for the Jerome Hall Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Applications are due January 6, 2014. Notice of some previous holders of the fellowship are here and here and here.]
- Fellowships are offered each year beginning in the fall semseter.
- Applications are due on the first Monday in January for the coming year's fellowships.
- Applications can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellows will devote a full academic year to research and writing in furtherance of a major scholarly project, and will receive a stipend plus a research allowance, health insurance, other benefits, and workspace at Indiana Law. If both sides are amenable, the option of teaching a research seminar is also possible, with a commensurate adjustment to the stipend.
Fellows will conduct research at Indiana University and participate in the activities of the Center, which include an annual symposium, a colloquia series, and regular workshops and lectures. (The term of the appointment will be 10 to 12 months, beginning August 1. The amount of the stipend will be the same regardless of the duration of the appointment.)
In evaluating applications, the Center will focus on:
- the originality and significance of the candidate’s proposed research project within the field of sociolegal studies;
- the candidate’s scholarly promise, achievements, and ability to complete the project; and
- the potential contribution of the candidate to the intellectual life of the Center, the School of Law, and Indiana University.
- a research proposal (up to 10 pages),
- curriculum vitae (with address and complete contact information), and
- three letters of recommendation (must be sent separately).
- Electronic application materials from applicants (research proposal, CV, and, optionally, cover letter and writing sample) should be submitted as a single, consolidated email attachment in PDF format. Letters of recommendation should be sent separately by letter-writers (either electronically or by regular post).
Jerome Hall Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Center for Law, Society, and Culture
Indiana University Maurer School of Law
211 South Indiana Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405